Sunday, February 8, 2015

I'm back Pt. 1 of 3

Hello world, lets play ball!!!

Sorry for the extended hiatus, I was a little preoccupied with things that I will get into in a little bit. To start, how are you? How have you been? It's been a while, everything been good? I'm giving you a chance to vent, so if you want to, I suggest you take the open invitation.

Now that we got that out of the way, time to continue. Since my last post, I graduated from college (GO Cougars), got a real job, quit said real job, was unemployed for an extended period of time, found another real job, and got married. With all of that happening, I will cover each one chronologically in the following posts in order to allow you to digest each one individually.

Let's begin with the first one. I graduated from college. This has to be one of my most proud achievements to date. I was never an outstanding student, mostly because if I showed up to class, I was able to remember anything that was said. That helped me get by with an above average gpa. I finished up with a 3.01 gpa, and I graduated in a four year span. I did change majors in that time. I also worked two+ jobs in that time. I also played football and was given a few athletic honors in that time. I worked harder than I could have ever imagined.

I am not saying this because I am boasting, I am saying this because of the negative connotation that exists currently on the people of my generation. Lots of people say that my generation is lazy, and that we have no work ethic. I understand, and have seen many people that fit the mold of the current stereotype. There are plenty of people that show up hoping to get credit, and don't want to put in the work. Those that fit the stereotype and have a history of doing such things, I do not feel that they deserve the benefit of the doubt. If they are having problems, or have been lazy or unaccountable, get rid of them. until they are ready to accept their actions, and be held accountable for actions, let them loose. as the old saying goes, 'If a man does not work, he does not eat.' We as a nation have been allowing those that do not work to eat. And this does not go for my generation. It goes for the previous generation, and the upcoming generation. If people want to be lazy, if they want to get by while putting in the least amount of work, let them reap the benefits of what they have put in.

Additionally, do not judge a book by its cover. If someone like myself, who has a beard, and has longer hair comes into your place of business looking for a job opportunity, do not write us off. You do not know our history, you do not know our work ethic, you do not know where we come from and what sort of upbringing we have had. Just give us a shot. Just that simple act could change the whole outlook of your company. We can infuse youth into your business, a fresh take, and it could be the little jolt that you need to take your business to the next level. If in the end, we don't work out, then let us know and we will completely understand. We are reasonable. We understand that you need to make money, and if we aren't helping you to get there, we will part ways as friends. No hard feelings. Just don't judge us based on our lack of experience or our appearance. Judge us by our work. All we need is a shot.

Until next time,

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment